Welcome the Washington State Superior Court Judges’ Association website!
This is the official media outlet for the Association. You can find out a bit more about us, who we are, our leadership and our projects.
The Association of Superior Court Judges was founded in 1933 by state law, RCW 2.16. All currently serving Superior Court Judges are members of the Association, which also includes Court Commissioners and may include retired Judges. In 2016, legislation was passed that changed the Association’s name to Superior Court Judges’ Association, a name that has been historically used for decades.
The purposes of the Association are as follows:
- To improve the administration of justice.
- To conduct instructive programs whereby higher standards of efficiency and excellence may be obtained and to better equip the superior court judges of Washington in the proper performance of their duties.
- To support and implement the canons of judicial ethics.
- To promote the interchange of ideas and to encourage cooperation and social contacts among the members of the judiciary.
- To promote the objectives of statutes relating to the Association.
- To promote better relations with the public and other branches of government.
Our goal is to provide equal justice for all while accomplishing the purposes enumerated above.
Administrative Office of the Courts Staff Contact:
1206 S. Quince St.
PO Box 41170
Olympia, WA 98504
Phone: (360) 705-5252